Riga Municipal Children’s Youth Center is looking for 2 youngsters to be a part of a European Solidarity Corps volunteering project in Riga, Latvia.
When? March 1, 2019 – February 29, 2020 (12 months).
Where? Riga Municipal Children’s Youth Center in Riga, Latvia.
Who? Youngsters aged between 19 and 30 years, residents of EU or non-EU countries:
- interested and ready to work with youngsters with fewer opportunities (orphans and children left without parental care)
- have basic knowledge of English language (at least conversational level). Knowledge of Russian language will be considered as a plus.
- previous experience in youth work and especially in work with youngsters with fewer opportunities (orphans and children left without parental care) will be considered as a plus.
What? The Municipal Children’s and Youth Center of Riga is a short-term and long-term institution for social care and social rehabilitation, which provides housing, full care and social rehabilitation for orphans and children left without parental care from 2 to 18 years of age, in crisis as well as provide social and informative support for children at social risk groups. The goal of the youth house is to promote the development of a stable and comprehensive personal development of young people, self-directed youth, continuous participation in the education process and integration into the labor market.
During the project volunteers will be involved in daily activities of the Center by organizing various workshops for the youngsters of the Center (13 – 18 years old), like:
- Creative workshops
- Foreign language courses / discussion clubs (English or other languages)
- Fitness, sport activities workshops
- Discussion clubs (different cultures; inclusion; motivation; etc.)
- National culture evenings / national food cooking workshops
- Other workshops / educational programs based on non-formal education, that volunteers would like to organize for the youngsters of the Center.
If you are interested to take part in the project, fill the online application form: https://goo.gl/forms/iXbTcL7VyNP7Qx1d2.
Deadline for the applications: October 10, 2018. More information and answers to your questions get receive by writing on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.